Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Santa Claus Parade and My Apologies!

Hi my name is Melissa and I am the WORST. I have neglected this little blog of mine but I will try my darndest to keep this corner of the internet up to date from now on. In the next few days, there will be a new design and posts every day!

I never completed my list of 101 Things to do in Winnipeg but that isn't going to stop me from exploring this beautiful city of mine. Now that the snow has fallen, there are 100 new things for me to do. Recently, I've been hitting up the local music scene. So tomorrow, I will give you a full report on what I've been up to lately. For now, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Today I want to discuss the Santa Claus Parade. In my humble opinion, it is one of the greatest Winnipeg traditions! This year, I was lucky enough to be on a float with my work. Probably the most fun I've had on a Saturday in a loooong time. Seeing the thousands of parents and children line the streets of Portage Ave and Main St. was so heart warming. I didn't get a chance to see many of the other floats, just what was directly in front of me and directly behind me (shout out West Jet for a cute float!). It was well organized, the weather was perfect and the smiles on everyone's faces was almost too much to handle. Enjoy this photo dump from the day.












If you missed the parade, I found this Youtube video you can watch to get an idea.





1 comment